Monday, December 18, 2017

FOREST FRIENDS and MORE

Where, oh, where, have my forest friends gone?
There’s nobody here but me.
It has been a long time since word has been heard,
Or is that just in my memory?
We know some have passed-
What they shared will go on –
They left us good memories galore –
Perhaps it is time to pull out a few,
To visit the forest once more.
The reason is simple: each one can see
We’re not getting younger –
That gray hair’s on ME!
In the meantime we’ve lost,
and what is the cost?
What words have gone awry?
What joys and jokes of the day
Have flown in bubble thoughts off in the sky?
  “I miss you my friends from the forest and so,
There are things I really want you to know:
Our time spent together was truly a treasure.
 and though I may be just awfully slow,
I still think of you kindly,
and on spindly legs “behindly”
I’ll come to the forest to meet –
It might take us a while,
but come with a smile,
and we’ll catch up on stories for treats.
Until then, I’ll not linger,
 but, before I mosey along on my way…
(You know that I’m “WORDY”
 - so I just must have my say:
To Each of You:
A MOST MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY!
(with a WONDERFUL 2018 to follow!)
                      
                      Suze Moose                                          Dec. 19, 2017  

2 comments:

  1. We still around, Moosie! Scampering about and nibbling M&Ms. :D

    *HUGS!* <3

    Merry Christmoose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still find M&Ms?! You must know all the right places-good for you!
      Keep your stash well-protected, but remember to continue sharing a little kindness.I know you do. Did you think about how that way you are doing at least two good deeds at once? The sharing is one good thing while at the same time you are teaching that critter (and probably others) how great it is to be a happy giver and a blesses receiver!
      We all love our M&M Lover!

      Delete